Two filters are available for the back end:
- A post filter can filter the list of posts by the tag groups that their tags belong to.
- A tag filter can filter tags by tag groups.
The post filter is not available for categories.
In rare cases the filters conflict with filters of other plugins. In that case you can disable them here.
Here you can choose for which of your active Taxonomies the Meta Box will appear. The Meta Box works only for one taxonomy per post type and only for non-hierarchical taxonomies, such as Tags (post_tag) or Product Tags (product_tag).
You also have four options regarding the way how tags can be entered:
- You can automatically open all groups that contain tags of the post that you start editing.
- You can hide the default tag box so that you will work only with tags that are assigned to groups.
- You can restrict the tags entered in the Meta Box to existing tags. That option might be useful if you want to set up a pool of allowed tags and your post authors should not be able to add new tags.
- You can prevent tags from being moved to a new group. Otherwise authors would be able to enter a tag that already exists in another group, that way moving it to a new group.
Optionally select the groups that should be available and remove the menu. That makes it possible to present your authors only a certain selection of groups.
On the Permissions screen, you can determine who is allowed to edit tag groups. That way you can prevent that authors make changes to the groups, while they are still allowed to use them.
Here you can also allow exceptions to the rule that prevents the creation of new tags, or moving tags to another group in the meta box.