When you start a trial or subscription, you will receive all relevant information in an email that comes from Freemius. (Freemius is handling payments and licenses for us.)
If you later need to manage licenses, subscriptions and websites, you can do so
- on your WordPress admin dashboard, in the Account submenu under the Tag Groups menu.
- in your user account. There you also find a FAQ section that explains common operations, like moving the license to another website.
In a nutshell
- Subscription: When you buy a license, you decide to pay yearly or a one-time fixed amount (lifetime). Yearly subscriptions auto-renew unless you cancel them. “Lifetime” refers to the availability of the corresponding product.
- License: A license can be valid for one or more websites. On a multisite installation, each site counts against the quota. Licenses can be moved to other websites. Licenses cannot be canceled, but deactivated per site.
If you cancel a subscription, the corresponding license will continue to be valid until the end of the paid period. Even after the license has expired, the plugin will keep its previous features but you won’t be able to receive updates and support.
- Trials: A trial will automatically convert into a paid subscription or a one-time payment for a lifetime license after the trial period has expired, unless you cancel the subscription before the expiration. Just removing the plugin from your server or deactivating the license is not sufficient, because you might just move your license to another site or test your site.
You can manage your subscriptions in your user account.